We take the matter of your privacy and personal information very seriously.
If you are asked to provide information to the Company it will only be used in the ways described here.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) the data controller is Majestic Bingo Limited. Our Data Protection Officer is Gary Bennett.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact us using the details shown on our website or as set out further below.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
This website policy was reviewed and updated in October 2017.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on our website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use our website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
WHAT DATA WE GATHER
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title
• Contact information including telephone numbers, postal and email addresses
• Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Website usage and technical data including your IP address and browser type/version
• Other information relevant to client enquiries
• Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
Majestic Bingo Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with reference ZA042064. Our registration certificate can be produced on request.
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the Company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records
• To improve the products and services we provide
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
• To customize the website for you
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
• To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
• To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research purposes
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we may share your information with:
• Individuals within the Company and with any member of a group of companies we are part of or associated with
• Selected third parties including:
o business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
o advertisers and advertising networks that require data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example we may inform them that500 men under the age of 30 have clicked on their advertisement in a given day). We may also use aggregate information to assist advertisers reach particular audiences (for example women in SW1)
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• If the Company or substantially all of it assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be on of the transferred assets
COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognize when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
CONTROLLING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Confirm your agreement to our collection and processing of your personal data pursuant to this policy and in accordance with the law
• Opt in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily via one of these methods:
• Checking certain boxes on our website
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit or phone your club and ask to change your records
• Write to us at: Majestic Bingo Limited, Westlode Street, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2AE
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
SECURITY AND STORAGE
We will always hold your data securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We will at all times process and store personal data in line with relevant legislation.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the Majestic Bingo Ltd domains. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.